Grading Permit

Right-of-Way Application Permit Form 

A right-of-way construction permit is required for any work planned to be done within any City right-of-way.  Applications shall be filled out by the contractor and returned to the City Service Center, 110 West Progress Circle, Cortez, or emailed to Diane Roberts, Public Works Inspector, at  Please allow up to three working days for City staff to review the application.  City staff will then notify the contractor to come in to the Service Center and pay for and sign the permit. Upon completion of the paperwork, the permit will be issued and work can begin.  Call the City Service Center at 970-565-7320 for more information.


Before you dig, call UNCC (Utility Notification Center of Colorado) to request a line locate.

They can be reached toll-free at 1-800-922-1987 or just dial 811.