To view the most current City of Cortez Land Use Code please go to the link at City of Cortez Land Use Code
The regulations of the Land Use Code have been established in accordance with a comprehensive plan for the purpose of promoting the health, safety and general welfare of the city.
The regulations have been designed:
- to lessen the congestion in the streets
- to secure safety from fire, panic and other dangers
- to provide adequate light and air
- to prevent the overcrowding of land
- to avoid undue concentration of population
- to promote energy conservation; and
- to facilitate the adequate provision of transportation, water, sewerage, schools, parks and other public requirements.
- The regulations have been made with reasonable consideration, among other things, for the character of the districts, and their peculiar suitability for the particular uses specified; and with a view of conserving the value of buildings and encouraging the most appropriate use of land throughout the city consistent with a comprehensive plan.
- The Land Use Code is also available on line.