What permits are required to build a new house?

The city requires the purchase of a building permit that covers building, structural, mechanical, and plumbing. The state of CO covers the electrical portion of your project.
In most cases you will have to purchase your building permit, right of way permit, and a water tap. Please note that the Cortez Sanitation District usually requires a fee for sewer connection. The Sanitation District’s number is 970-565-3962 for information.

Show All Answers

1. How much are permit fees?
2. When do I need a building permit?
3. Guidance on Contemporaneous Review of Electrical and Plumbing Licenses
4. What permits are required to build a new house?
5. Is there any work that is exempt from building permit requirements?
6. Do I need any permits from any other agencies?
7. Manufactured Home Installation
8. What buidling codes does the city use?
9. Do I have to hire a contractor to, or can I do the work myself?
10. Does the city require demolition permits?
11. Will I have to hire an architect or engineer to draw plans for my project?