Current Council Members include:
- Mayor Rachel Medina firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayor Pro-tem Arlina Yazzie email@example.com
- Councilmember Lydia DeHaven firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councilmember David Rainey email@example.com
- Councilmember Robert Dobry firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councilmember Matthew Keefauver email@example.com
- Councilmember Dennis Spruell firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7:30 p.m.
- Second and fourth Tuesday of each month
- View City Council Meetings Live
- Cortez City Hall
123 Roger Smith Avenue
Cortez, CO 81321
City Council Requirements
The City Council consists of seven members. No person shall be eligible to office as a council member unless at the time of election he or she is a citizen of the United States, at least twenty-one years of age and shall have been for one year immediately preceding such election a resident of the city.
A municipal election for council members is held on the first Monday in April in even numbered years. Council members shall be paid every two weeks. No council person shall receive a payment for a meeting which he or she did not attend. The mayor shall receive as compensation $500 per month.
Each of the other council members shall receive as compensation $400 per month. For information on council election, please see Elections. Work Sessions begin usually at 6 p.m.